SQL Relay version 0.56 is now available!
You might want to get this one. A subtle memory leak is fixed in this release. If you really can't upgrade and need a fix for a previous release, contact me and we can work something out.
Amazing new features:
Perl, PHP, Python and Java API's all build and work on Windows. You still have to build them from source though, and it's a pain. If you need Windows binaries, contact me and we can work something out.
Intelligent defaults have been added for a lot of the configuration parameters. The sqlrelay.conf file can be much more stripped down now. I also added a Configuration Guide that walks you through various configurations from minimal to complex. Enjoy.
The PHP PDO API now has a custom statement attribute PDO::SQLRELAY_ATTR_GET_NULLS_AS_EMPTY_STRINGS that can be set to true or false to cause it to return NULL values as NULLs or empty strings.
New parameters have been added for connecting to MySQL via SSL. See the Configuration Reference for more detail.
Amazing bug fixes:
The PHP PDO driver handles float values correctly now. Previously it was converting them to strings. It also handles NULL integers correctly now rather than converting them to 0's.
There was a bug in the sqlr-scaler that could cause it to use a noticeable amount of the CPU when sitting idle. That's fixed now.
Some installations of Oracle instant client might not have been properly detected before, but they are now.
There was a bug that caused problems with DB2 7.X. It's fixed now.
sessionhandler="thread" and listenertimeout!="0" ought to work now. This is still sketchy and experimental though.
A lot of code has been reorganized internally. Many things have been modularized and simplified. Frameworks have been built and some things have been re-implemented using them. This is ongoing. More of this will be done over the next few releases.
Full ChangeLog follows:
- removed VERSION from perl api bootstrap
- reorganized and simplified perl api code
- got perl api working on windows with ActivePerl
- perl api uninstall cleans up better now
- got python api working on windows with ActivePython
- consolidated php include tweaks
- got java api working on windows
- updated pdo driver to convert float fields to strings rather than ints
- updated pthread test to match rudiments pthread test
- moved everything done by children of sqlwriter interface into individual translations
- added plugin-based authentication framework
- reorganized code tree a bit
- reworked default values to enable more minimal configurations
- updated configuration docs and added configuration guide
- fixed cast issue with firebird 1.5
- added result set translation framework and re-implemented date translation using it
- fixed millisecond->nanosecond confusion in sqlr-scaler
- fixed subtle oracle instantclient version detection bug
- added null input bind support to sqlrsh
- fixed php pdo driver to return null rather than 0 for null integer fields and bind null rather than 0 for null integer input binds
- added attribute to return nulls as nulls or empty strings to php pdo
- added parameters for connecting to mysql via ssl
- added a few tweaks to support DB2 < 8.0
- fixed bad return value type in python getConnectionPort method
- fixed sessionhandler="thread" with listenertimeout!="0"